When decorating your home for the holidays, the mantel is just as important as the Christmas tree when it comes to decking our halls. The fireplace is a focal point of your living space and the mantel is a wonderful spot to display your favorite holiday decor.
Whether you like to decorate your mantel with loads of creativity or prefer a more traditional look, there is so many different ways to style it. So why not elevate your mantel this holiday season with one of our Christmas mantel decor ideas that we have gathered together for you below. Underneath each of the images is further details and each of the sources of who created these beautifully inspiring ideas. Enjoy!
Tell Us: What decorations do you use to showcase your mantel for the Christmas season? Which one of these most inspired you to try something new? Let us know in the Comments below!
1. Elegant Mantel. To create this beautiful mantel you will need faux or real garland (Trader Joe’s has fresh greenery), mix in eucalyptus stems into the greenery and twinkle lights. Hang some knit stockings, wooden bead garland, wool ball garland and tie in some black velvet ribbon. Some pine cones will add a fresh touch to your mantel. Layer in candles, Christmas artwork and small trees. Command hooks were used to hang all of the garland. Get the full tutorial at the provided link. (via The Design Twins)
2. Festive Christmas Porch Mantel. This one takes it outdoors to the fireplace porch mantel, which is adorned with garland, small trees, stockings and wooden stars. The vintage-inspired holiday sign on the mantel is from @jadeforestdecor. A decorated Christmas tree adds an extra focal point to this cozy outdoor space. This same inviting look can also be used on your indoor mantel. (via @beyond_gray)
3. Cozy & Warm Mantel. This cozy living room has a romantic feel with the flower painting on the mantel and vase of flowers on the coffee table. Adorning the fireplace mantel are ombre bottlebrush trees, candles, fresh green garland, wood bead garland and stockings. The mirror is from @anthropologie. (via @toni_marianna)
4. Add A Focal Point. This mantel is decked out with garland, and intertwined with white ornaments. Be sure to hang stockings for the . An old window with affixed with a festive wreath for a great focal point. (via @cottagesandbungalows)
5. Fresh Mantel Greenery. This fireplace mantel is beautiful, simple and cozy. The mantel features different style of fresh custom pine, mixed with fresh magnolia, mandarin oranges, pears and pinecones. Layer in some candle sticks for magical ambiance, a romantic mirror and stockings. (via @leaholsonstyle)
6. Twinkle Lights. The use of string lights on your mantel will add a magical glow to your garland. This mantel features natural elements foraged from around the property, including magnolia leaves, fresh pine boughs and pine cones. A cascade of rustic bells adorns the side of the mantel — Hobby Lobby, Etsy, Kirkland’s and West Elm. (via @azurefarm)
7. A Country Christmas Mantel. This rustic mantel is beautiful yet simple, with garland (real or faux), poinsettias and twinkle lights for some sparkle. Layer in some wood bead garland for some added texture. (via @laurenliess)
8. Fresh Holiday Vibes. This sophisticated mantel features an antique mirror and candlesticks. Festive garlands with pinecones provides the festive holiday touch for memorable family gatherings around the fireplace. (via @traditionalhome)
9. Silver & Blue Mantel Decor. Try a color theme for your mantel decor and pull these colors into the rest of your living room. Fresh greenery adorns the mantel, with blue and silver ornaments for a touch of holiday sparkle. This same color palette is found in the beautiful stockings hung in front of the fireplace. (via @amymorrisinteriors)
10. Christmas in the Forest. Adorning this mantel is a mix of wild, whimsical and traditional, including natural elements that have been foraged — fresh holly, grave vines, princes pine, pinecones and pomegranates. Layered into the natural elements are French velvet ribbons, an antique federal mirror, candlesticks and books. A vintage toboggan leans up against the fireplace for the finishing touch. (via @leaholsonstyle)
11. Festive and Cozy. This beautiful holiday mantel is trimmed with garland and complimented by ombre bottlebrush trees and charming gingerbread houses. A simple lighted tree accents the fireplace to complete the festive holiday look. (via @styleathome)
12. A Christmas Village. This festive mantel features a layering of fresh garland and twine strung with various silver ornaments. The trees on the mantel are from Hobby Lobby. Layered between the garland are a trio of mirrors from @decorsteals. A snowy Christmas village fills the fireplace — each of the little buildings were handmade out of cardboard and balsa wood. (via @toni_marianna)
13. A Sparkly Christmas Mantel. The lighted garland adorning the mantel is from @floral. A large branch is used to hang the stockings that are from @homegoods. The holiday signs are from @the.little.bird. The lighted flocked trees in the boxes and the trees on the mantel are from @purplerosehome. Suspended from the ceiling, the lighted sparkling snowflakes are from Walmart. (via @house.becomes.home)
14. Cozy Winter Wonderland. Traditional pine bough garland drapes across the fireplace mantel. The hanging knit stockings are adorned with wooden stocking tags from @woodenthatbesomethin. The stocking holders are from @antiquefarmhouse. Set atop the mantel with an attached wreath, the wooden artwork is from @millcityworkshop. The flocked tree in a basket is from Walmart, while the Mistletoe pillow is from HomeGoods. (via @diapersanddecor)
15. Classic Holiday Mantel. Winter greens and cheery ribbons adorn the mantel along with festive twinkle lights for some holiday sparkle. Above the mantel, a collection of botanicals cleverly conceals the television. (via @traditionalhome)
16. Draped in Greenery. This stunning mantel is brimming with gorgeous florals tucked into the greenery and magnolia leaves. Layered behind the garland is a mirror and artwork. A floral arrangement is repeated on the coffee table. (via @styleathome)
17. Minimalist Mantel Decor. This clean and fresh mantel features seasonal details such as winter white stocking fresh evergreen boughs and magnolia leaves. Nestled into the garland are gold candlesticks. An ethereal foggy artwork is set above the mantel. (via @thecuratedhouse)
18. Farmhouse Style Christmas Mantel. This warm, cozy and inviting space features a large sign above the mantel, flocked pine bough garland, white lighted trees and white stockings. Similar handmade holiday signs can be found on Etsy. (via @ashleymariesavage)